Fall 2015: August 24 – December 18, 2015 I CRN: 79780 | Time: 12:00 – 1:15 pm | Days: MW I Locations: E201
You will learn about the key components of Enterprise Systems as well as the process of implementing the systems within a corporation to increase its success. This course provides an overview of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and introduces how ERP systems are used to manage business processes, make effective business decisions, and support business strategies. In our lab, you will use Odoo (open source, cloud-based enterprise software used by many SMEs) to develop a fully functional ERP system for a retailer.
The course is organized in eight modules:
- Introduction to Enterprise Systems
- Information Systems Integration for Business
- Enterprise Systems Architecture
- Enterprise Systems Development Life Cycle
- Enterprise Systems Implementation Strategies
- Enterprise Systems Software Selection
- Enterprise Systems Operations and Post-implementation
- Enterprise Systems Project Management
The lab activities focus on four ERP modules:
- Understand the information systems integration and their evolution to enterprise systems
- Learn about ERP systems and their evolution, components, and architecture.
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of implementing ERP systems and how they can help an organization improve its efficiency and worker productivity.
- Have an overview of the implementation process (e. g., the ERP life cycle, business process reengineering, project management, and change management).
- Understand the role of staff, vendors, consultants, and the organization in making the ERP implementation process successful.
- Provide hands-on experience with a cloud-based ERP system (achieve an intermediate level of comfort using Odoo (OpenERP) enterprise software).
- Learn how to effectively evaluate ERP system at different stage of its life cycle
Syllabus & Schedule
Odoo (formerly OpenERP) is the fastest evolving business software in the world. Odoo has a complete suite of business applications covering all business needs, from Website/Ecommerce down to manufacturing, inventory and accounting, all seamlessly integrated. It is the first time ever a software editor managed to reach such a functional coverage.